Be Prepared for a rant! STOP SMOKING!

I realized I haven't been checking up with blogging, my apologies.
Although, I officially finished my first year of graduate school.
My summer has started so hopefully there will be more time in my life for things I want to do.



Now, on to this rant as promised in the title of this post...

I was on an errand running spree today, getting ready for a road trip with my boyfriend. One of the many things I had to do was laundry. I was sitting in the Laundry mat gazing out the window and I see something absolutely ridiculous.

What's so ridiculous???
A overweight woman on a bike smoking a cigarette.
WHATTTTTTTTTT!
Are you crazy?
What's the point of riding a bike if you are going to smoke a cigarette.
Way to kill yourself faster.

I proceeded to watch this woman try to make it down the block on her bike, she stopped every couple of feet on the sidewalk and took another puff of smoke.

I wish that so many people would stop smoking, it will kill you.

Here are some smoking statistics:

• One in every ten people die because of a disease related to smoking
• One in every three adults smoke a cigarette daily
• Ten million cigarettes are purchased in stores every minute throughout the world
• One person dies every ten seconds from smoking
• One in every five children try a cigarette and become addicted to them for years on end
• Everyday about ninety thousand children try a cigarette (luckily some don’t continue)
• Second hand smoke may be just as dangerous to children as smoking a cigarette themselves
• The highest percentage of people that smoke are between the ages of 25 and 44.


Also, if you have to smoke...please stop smoking around your kids, it's absolute poison!
I could be a millionaire if I collected a nickel for every time I saw this, disgusting!

Comments

Mrs. Priss said…
EEEEEEEEEEEK. This post FREAKED me out!! I've never been a smoker, but I've always been super aware of the people who do it around children, especially now that I have one of my own. You'd be surprised how many smokers don't even care there are babies around when they light up! I try not to be rude or obvious because they ARE people too (and my dearest family members and friends happen to be smokers), but I always take another route if I have Maddie with me.

That image was crazy though! So much crap in those things!
Mrs. Priss said…
That sounded rude when I said 'they are people too'. I wasn't meaning to scold you! I was reminding myself to be nice, lol.