Bad Customer Service= Complaints. Complaints. Complaints.



If you haven't already noticed Blogging isn't always about Sunshine and Rainbows.

Sometimes many bloggers have things they want to get off their chests or just out into the Blogosphere.
...A hope, a rant, a full on vent over something possibly typical.

The past couple of days, I have been trying to get my Bank accounts fixed.
You see, the bank screwed up and spelled my legal name wrong on my accounts and for my new cards soon to be in my mailbox.
I then received another phone call that my Credit Card also through this bank was deactivated, which was extremely fishy.

Here with this situation:
As the ridiculous human being I am, I have paranoia that my cards won't work and I won't be able to access my accounts.
Then, I'll be stuck somewhere because I won't be able to get gas because my cards are all declined.
However, I still try to tell my mind to be rational that this will not happen.

Meanwhile, the customer service I experienced was absolutely horrendous.
I wasn't disclosed information about my accounts that I should have been.
On top of that, the bank was not apologetic for their screw up or for wasting my time.

I'm always that person...you know the one who says "I'll write a letter about this or I'm going to complain," but I never actually do either of those things.
I'm not the type of girl that wants to give people a slap on the wrist or get them fired.

Well today, I finally did it. I wrote a complaint and sent it off.
I wrote a very long complaint explaining my experience with the bank Saturday, Monday and today and how bad Customer Service makes me reconsider being their customer.
I highly doubt it will even be read as they're a big bank but I feel better.
I feel better in my own head, like I stuck it to the man.

Whatever business you run, if you screw up either admit it or at least be apologetic about the situation.
I'm not a big fan of the phrase "the customer is always right," but I was right. Bad Customer Service gets you nowhere in the long run and if anything you will lose your customers.

There I said it.
Now I'm done and will think back to my happy place above in the photo, where I was this morning.

Comments