I'm not THAT Mom...


M's first Halloween as a Burrito, 2014.


I'm not "THAT" Mom...



You know...
...the one that always seems to have her sh*t together.
...the one who seems to always have her meals prepped, laundry cleaned and folded, and the house sparkling clean.
...the one who just looked like she stepped out of a salon because her hair and makeup is always done.
...the one who always is on top of her schedule and can get to every event she's invited to.

But I completely have absolute respect and admiration for those moms.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to make sure I have time to shower.

My son turned one this month and physically can get into anything he wants to.
At 11 months, he discovered he can completely climb the staircase to the top.

His other party tricks include: breaking baby gates, climbing the entertainment center, shredding bills, grabbing at blinds, throwing food into his mouth while simultaneously clapping and attacking anything with blinking lights.

To say I'm exhausted between his tricks and working with my preschoolers during the week is an understatement. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of being a mom and telling other Moms how to parent for some reason. Because at this young stage of a child's life, I feel like the majority of Moms are doing the best that they can.

I don't have the time to look presentable all the time, but my child's bottles will always be sanitized and hopefully he will be wearing matching socks.

The reason I felt compelled to write about not being "That Mom" who seems on top of things is because I just want other Moms to feel okay about this. Yes, many Moms are tired. Is that news? No. So offer her a cup of coffee or offer to babysit, she will probably thank you.

Comments