My Toddler loves Meatballs and the Wheels on The Bus.



Today was insane, like most of my days lately.
I have been highly stressed and it's naturally taking a toll on my #momlife and #wifelife.
It seems as if there are not enough hours in a day (the usual) and I am sicken by the news (yet still sadly addicted to checking it).

I was crying listening to news radio on the way home from work today.
Stuck in traffic on the highway, when M made it all better...

M just started singing.
I was pleasantly surprised.

My 19 month old (he will be 20 months this weekend) started singing quite a medley of songs.

First, he started singing The Wheels on the Bus with the proper hand motions...
I could decipher "bus goes round and round," "shush shush shush" and "babies go wah wah wah."
When M finished, he immediately jumped into Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, making blinking motions with his little fingers.

He even started singing a song in Chinese. Yes, Chinese! I don't speak Chinese but M's teacher has been teaching him a song with the lyrics "you and me, me and you..." or something along those lines.

Then naturally, M continued on back into The Wheels and then got distracted by looking at his shoes and he started yelling "Feet! Feet! Feet," along with several giggles.

During his performance, I am actually surprised I didn't get into a car accident as I was watching him in my rearview mirror. This kid of mine never ceases to amaze me.

So where do the thought of Meatballs even factor into this post?


Well, in traffic on the way to school...I told M I would make him meatballs for dinner. He chanted, "Meatballs! Meatballs! Meatballs!" for about twenty minutes straight.

...So I guess I should go make those meatballs now.
Goodnight y'all.

Comments