Get Messy Art Journal: Seasons of Connections, Week 1 & 2

I recently took the plunge into joining Get Messy Art Journal for their current season, the "Season of Connections." I had a really inspiring first two weeks. I'm excited to see where this journal is taking me. Here are some of things I made in my Connections journal so far...
(All images can be clicked to view larger)


This spread was based on the idea of Connection & Disconnection within family.
This was extremely cathartic to make. I physically wrote text and wiped it away on the blue side.


This is not a portrait of anyone I know personally, It was inspired by a tutorial by @sasha_zeen on continuous line portraits. The other half of the spread (not pictured) features an illustration of a vampire squid and the words, "You've gotta swim."


This spread is based on how we used to communicate with the world, write a letter to someone. The letter I wrote is not a kind one and as you can see, I censored it. I really enjoyed how making this one was so simple. No five dollar bills were harmed in the making, I actually found that half of a five years ago and it's been kicking around in the bottom of my collage materials.


Thinking about the word "connections," I just really wanted to make some paper dolls.


Here is a detail from my mixed media self-portrait spread.
My eyes are closed and I don't think my hair is crazy enough. I wish I had that patterned shirt.

Hopefully, This motivation continues. What are you making this week?


Comments